Terms & Conditions
Insurance Terms & Conditions
This document is published in compliance of and shall be governed by Indian law, including but not limited to (i) The Indian Contract Act, 1872; (ii) The Information Technology Act, 2000, the rules, regulations, guidelines and clarifications framed thereunder including the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices And Procedures And Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011, and the provisions of rule 3 (1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011; (iii) The Payment And Settlement Systems Act, 2007 and applicable rules, regulations and guidelines made thereunder; and (iv) Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 and the applicable rules, regulations and guidelines made thereunder.
This document is an electronic record in the form of an electronic contract formed under Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made thereunder and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic documents / records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This agreement does not require any physical, electronic or digital signature.
This agreement is a legally binding document between you and Balancehero India Private Limited (both terms defined below). The terms of this document will be effective upon your acceptance of the same (in electronic form or by means of an electronic record or other means) and will govern the relationship between you and Truebalance for the use of Truebalance services.
b. "We", "Us", "Our", “Truebalance” shall mean Balancehero India Private Limited.
c. "Insurer" shall mean the respective Insurance company issuing Insurance.
2. These terms and conditions ("T&C") and all applicable T&C issued by Insurance Company govern your rights and obligations as a Customer for the Insurance Policy purchased from respective Insurance Company via Truebalance mobile application. You agree and acknowledge that the Insurance purchased through Truebalance application are issued by respective Insurance Company and Truebalance is not the issuer of these Policies.
3. Your access to and use of the Truebalance mobile application and the Truebalance services are conditional upon your acceptance of and continuous compliance with these T&C at all times.
4. The access to the Truebalance mobile application is only available to persons who are competent to enter into legally binding contracts under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. Any person who shall be considered as incompetent to contract as per the provisions of the Indian Contract Act, 1872, including minors, un-discharged insolvents, etc., are not eligible to use the Truebalance mobile application.
5. You agree that the personal information such as name, address, contact number etc. ("Personal Information") you provide to Truebalance upon registration and at the time of purchasing insurance policy and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete. You agree to maintain and update the Personal Information and to keep the Personal Information true, accurate and complete.
6. Customer hereby agree and acknowledge that his/her Personal Information will be shared with respective Insurance Company while purchasing insurance product from such Insurance Company via Truebalance application.
7. Policy purchased via Truebalance application is valid for Indian citizens only.
8. Customer should be between the age of 18-65 years at the time of buying the policy. Policy shall be issued in the name of the individual as provided by the User.
9. Policy certificate shall be sent by the respective Insurance Company on his/her email address within 24 hours of the transaction and it can also be downloaded from the order history of TrueBalance.
10. The policy is offered for the sum insured as specified in the Policy certificate.
11. All the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy certificate shall be applicable.
12. Customer can buy a policy only once under the same name. However, he/she can buy the same policy for different people or different policy through TrueBalance.
13. Customer can use multiple payment modes for purchasing insurance policy through TrueBalance.
14. Customer may cancel the policy from the Order History of TrueBalance application. In case of cancellation within 15 days, full amount will be refunded to the source of payment mode. For cancellation after 15 days, please refer to the policy terms and conditions of respective Insurance Company for the amount refunded.
15. After cancellation of the policy, the amount will be refunded within 15 days from the date of policy cancellation. For the refund applicable, the conditions apply as per the policy rules mentioned below.
16. The insurance policy is a contract between Insurance Company and the Customer. For any issues related to Insurance Policy including claims and cancellations, please reach out to the respective Insurance Company.
17. Customer shall receive the policy certificate on his/her mobile number via SMS within 24 hours of the transaction. Policy information shall also be available in the order history of TrueBalance. Policy coverage shall start from T+3 day (T being the day of the transaction).
18. Mosquito Insurance plan details - Health insurance to cover Dengue, Chikungunya and Malaria
a. If you're hospitalised for Dengue or Chikungunya or Malaria for more than 24 hours, all your charges are covered upto ₹25,000.
b. Treatment charges include room rental, ICU, transfusion, doctor fees, medicines and tests.
c. In short, if hospitalised after meeting the admissibility criteria, you're completely covered.
d. If you do not need hospitalisation all your outpatient (OPD) treatment charges are covered up to ₹2,500
e. Doctor fees and diagnostic tests (if positive for dengue, chikungunya or malaria).
f. Medicines prescribed to treat dengue, chikungunya or malaria.
g. Admissibility Critieria for Diagnostic Tests:
What’s not covered:
a. 30 day waiting period - If you're diagnosed with dengue, chikungunya or malaria within 30 days after purchase of this insurance, you're not covered.
b. Individuals below 5 years and above 65 years are not eligible for this insurance.
c. Any non-prescribed expenses - Any expenses other than for dengue, chikungunya or malaria treatment are not covered:
Vitamins and tonics (unless prescribed for dengue, chikungunya or malaria treatment).
Treatment by any health provider who is unlicensed, or a member of the family.
Hospital stay expenses unrelated to dengue, chikungunya or malaria treatment such as admission, discharge, administration, registration, documentation and filing charges.
19. For cancellation of the insurance policy, user will have to cancel it from the Order History of TrueBalance app. Request will be sent to the Insurance company for cancellation of the policy.
20. After cancellation, the amount shall be refunded within 15 days. The following terms and conditions apply in case of cancellation:
Within 15 days, 100% amount shall be refunded.
After 15 days, the refund amount shall be as follows: